This weeks QoN is with Cori Paige from Under My Host. What is Under My Host you ask? In their words, “At Under My Host we drink, talk & learn about boutique wines, craft beers, and small batch/artisanal spirits with the winemakers, brewmasters and distillers who make them. We’re not the experts – they are!”
As the host of the podcast Cori Paige has the rough job of wrangling their guest in and getting them to talk about something we all love (rough job of course). Recent guests of the show have included Ska Brewing, 21st Amendment Brewing, and Los Pilares Wines. But before you run off to check them out, lets spend some time with Cori with this weeks questions.
5 Questions of note and 1 lame one
1. What was the beer moment, when you knew you wanted to become involved with the craft beer renaissance?
I was immediately hooked, but it was years before I turned my passion for small production alcohol into Under My Host.
2. If you could have any drink in your hand right now, what would it be?
We recently did a show with Florian Kuplent, brewer of Urban Chestnut Brewing Company, and I am still craving more of his DAFT (barrel aged barley wine).
3. Can you describe your beer life in a song lyric/title? If so what would you choose?
Wasn’t she a beer drinkin’ woman?
Don’t cha know, man, don’t cha know?
She was a beer drinkin’ woman
And I don’t want to see her nor more. – Memphis Slim
Under My Host:
The Underdog – Spoon
4. Do you have a steady beer, or do you like to “play the field?”
For many years I drank Trappist beer almost exclusively, and then I saw the light. The “field” is a lot more fun!
5. Crowded smoky bar or back porch watching the clouds float across the sky?
Back porch… preferably with (at least) one good friend.
And the lame one…
If tin whistles are made of tin, what do they make foghorns out of?
Rush Limbaugh’s rear or gob. I can almost never tell which end is which.
Time for a pint…