This is a little known fact to most people but Michigan is a huge movie and television production state. Based on a bit of what has been going on lately, beer film production is growing almost as fast as the Michigan craft beer scene. Kevin Romeo is the owner of Rhino Media Productions and the director of the Michigan Beer Film.
1. What was the beer moment, when you knew you wanted to become involved with the craft beer renaissance?
I was enjoying an Oberon about 7 years ago on the deck at Kraftbrau, fell in love. Fast forward to last year and I decided we need to make a film about the entrepreneurship, artistry and economics beyond the craft beer boom in Michigan.
2. If you could have any beer in your hand right now, what would it be?
Dunegras IPA from Greenbush.
3. Can you describe your beer life in a song lyric/title? If so what would you choose?
“And the beer I had for breakfast wasn’t bad, so I had one more for desert.” Johnny Cash – Sunday Morning Coming Down. (written by Kris Kristoferson)
4. Do you have a steady beer, or do you like to “play the field?”
I like to try a variety of flavors wherever I happen to roam, but I generally get giddy for IPA’s.
5. Crowded smoky bar or back porch watching the clouds float across the sky?
Sitting on a quiet roof above a crowded smokey bar…
And the lame one…
If tin whistles are made of tin, what do they make fog horns out of?
I like Looney Tunes.
Time for a pint…