Our questions are answered by Oliver Roberts this week. Oliver is the Brewmaster and manager at Wolverine State Brewing Co. Wolverine is a rarity in the craft beer world; a lager brewery. And just like ales have broken through with over the top and interesting beers, the lagers coming out of Ann Arbor are pretty amazing.
And now we move into the main event…
- What was the beer moment, when you knew you wanted to become involved with the craft beer renaissance?
–When I found myself homebrewing until 4am and sleeping on the couch next to my boil kettle during run-off because it was my only time to brew during a work week.
- If you could have any beer in your hand right now, what would it be?
–A Firestone Walker Double Barrel Ale. You cant get this beer in Michigan and I was literally attached to it at the Craft Brewer’s Conference in San Diego this year. I know its not a lager so I might get some flack for that but there’s something about the unattainable that is always so desirable when it comes to beer for me.
- Can you describe your beer life in a song lyric/title? If so what would you choose?
–Interstate Love Song by the Stone Temple Pilots
- Do you have a steady beer, or do you like to “play the field?”
-I usually play the field with my own beers.
- Crowded smoky bar or back porch watching the clouds float across the sky?
–Once upon a time it was the bar but with kids it is now a porch. I am happy to say so.
And the lame one…
If tin whistles are made of tin, what do they make fog horns out of?
–Can’t be fog. Stainless Steel?!?!?
Time for a pint…