It must be May. TS won’t be ready for Cinco De Mayo but at least I am brewing it around the right time. I went slightly different on this batch. I ended up raising the amount of wheat used by a pound and then I used Marris Otter as the pale malt (which I reduced by a pound). Basically it should essentially be the same beer, but the malt backbone is slightly changed. I also did a change to the way I sparged the wort. For the first time, I actually made a differentiation between my first and second runnings. I drained the mash tun for first runnings before sparging with hot water and collecting the second runnings. (In the past I would just run straight into sparging after recycling till clear).
I can’t wait to see how the final product turns out based on these changes. Hopefully it only enhances the flavor profile.
To me this is part of the joy of homebrewing. I can take the time to experiment and drink the changes I make in a brew.
Its time for a pint…